Ten Steps to Financial Freedom
1. Recognize the Source of your finances (Deuteronomy 8:18)
2. Tithe (Malachi 3:10)
3. Keep all debts paid. Communicate with your lender if problems develop.
4. Do not co-sign for others (Proverbs 17:18)
5. Don’t lend money you cannot afford to lose
6. Avoid impulse buying (Proverbs 21:5)
Can I afford it?
Do I really need it?
How much will I really use it?
7. Avoid high-risk investments
8. Give to others
9. Avoid the love of material gain (I Timothy 6:10)
10. Financial considerations must benefit the family (Proverbs 10:22)
Ten Questions We Must Answer
1. Can the Lord trust us with money?
2. Are we good stewards of His money?
3. Do I dislike the word “budget”?
4. Do I respond favorably to God’s discipline?
5. What are our joint financial goals?
6. What is our plan to become debt free?
7. Do we tithe regularly?
8. Do we have a savings account?
9. Do I give offerings?
10. What changes and adjustments do we need to make concerning our finances?
– Doris Knoles