Here are 60 questions to help familiarize you with God’s Word.
Answers can be found using your Bible and a concordance.
Searching until you find these answers is an exercise that will
help you find your way around the Bible.
1. What was Jesus’ first miracle?
2. Jesus spoke to one of his disciples concerning the manner in which that disciple would die.
Name this disciple.
3. Jesus healed a disciple’s mother-in-law. Name this disciple.
4. In John 8, what did Jesus write in the sand?
5. What was the last miracle Jesus performed before His crucifixion? _____________________
6. What were the first recorded words of Jesus? _______________________________________
7. What were the last words of Jesus on the cross ?_____________________________________
8. How old was Jesus when He was baptized? ________________
9. From what mountain did Jesus ascend into heaven? ____________________
10. Who did Jesus tell to go fishing – and he would find tax-money in the mouth of a fish? _____________________________________
11. Who did Jesus call a “fox”? ____________________________
12. Who said “Thou art the Christ, the Son of God?”_________________________
13. To whom did Jesus say, “Man shall not live by bread alone”? _______________
14. What woman did Jesus cast seven devils from? __________________________
15. Who did Jesus speak to about “living water”? ___________________________________
16. What words did the Father speak at Jesus’ baptism? ______________________________
17. To whom did Jesus say, “Suffer the little children to come unto Me?”_______________
18. To whom did Jesus say “Blessed are they who have not seen, and yet have believed”? ____________________________________
19. What did Jesus do for a man from the country of the Gadarenes?
20. By what did Jesus say every tree is known? _________________________
21. Who said “I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ”? ________________
22. “Mount Calvary” is also known by another name: what is it? ______________________
23. On the Mount of Transfiguration, who were the other two men who appeared with Christ?
____________________ and ________________________
24. Jesus appeared to Paul when he was on the road to what city? ____________________
25. How many days did Jesus remain on earth after His resurrection? ________
26. To whom did Jesus entrust the care of His mother as He was dying on the cross? ________________________
27. Name Jesus’ first cousin.__________________________
28. Which book records Jesus’ genealogy from Abraham? _______________________
29. In which book does Jesus refer to Himself as “the Bread of Life”? ______________
30. Which book contains the story of the Good Samaritan? ______________
31. Which book contains the words “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved”? ________________________
32. After being warned by an angel, Mary and Joseph fled with baby Jesus to what country? ________________________
33. In Luke’s account of the parable of The Sower, what does Jesus say that the seed represents? ____________________________
34. “The Beatitudes” are recorded in what chapter of Matthew? ___________
35. What happened in the hearts of the disciples as they walked along the road to Emmaus with the risen Christ? ____________________________________________________________________________
36. Which of the following is not a miracle of Jesus? (circle the correct answer)
A. walking on water
B. turning water into wine
C. healing a broken arm
D. cursing a fig tree
E. healing leprosy
F. raising a dead girl
37. After a lawyer asked Jesus, “Who is my neighbor?” which parable did Jesus teach? ________________________________________
38. Which of the twelve disciples is known as ‘the disciple whom Jesus loved’?
39. How old was Jesus when Joseph and Mary found Him teaching in the temple?
40. When Jesus said “I am the Resurrection and the Life”, who was He speaking to? _____________________
41. What type of miracle did Jesus perform of Jairus’ daughter? (circle one)
A. healed of leprosy
B. healed of deafness
C. healed of blindness
D. raised her from the dead
E. cast demons out of her
42 When Jesus said to “give to Caesar what belonged to Caesar”, what object was He holding in His hand? ____________________________________
43. Name the man who asked for the body of Jesus.____________________
44. Name the man who helped Jesus to carry His cross._________________
45 Name the minor prophet who predicted that Jesus would be born in Bethlehem. ______________________________
46. How much was Judas paid to betray Jesus? __________________
47. To whom did Jesus ask the question, “Why are you persecuting Me”? ____________
48. The phrase “I am the Vine and ye are the branches” is found in which of the four Gospels? ___________________________
49. Which New Testament book states that “the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the Head of the Church”? _________________________
50. What was Jesus’ home town for the first 30 years of His life? ____________
51. On what occasion did Jesus prepare a meal for His disciples? (this was not the last Supper or
52. In which New Testament book do we read of Jesus standing at the door and knocking? ___________________________
53. On what occasion did Jesus use the term “Ephphatha”? ____________________________________________________
54. What did Jesus say would happen to the person who was ashamed of Him?
55. What is the only occasion in the Bible in which people shouted “Hosanna”?
56. “It is more blessed to give than to receive” is a statement that Jesus made. This statement is recorded in which of the following books?
57. Which of the 12 tribes of Israel was Jesus from? ___________________
58. Define the word “Christ” completely. Use several Bible dictionaries and word-studies to form a complete definition. __________________________________________________________________________
59. Define the word “Jesus” completely, using similar sources. _______________________
60. Define the term “Messiah” completely, using similar sources. ___________________________________________________________________________