1. According to 7:1, what did Melchizedek do for Abraham?
2. Look up “Salem” (7:1) and define this place. Where was it?
3. According to Malachi 3:10, what are believers to do consistently?
4. Who gave this portion (what you answered in # 3) to Melchizedek in Hebrews 7:1?
5. Summarize the events in Genesis 14:18-20. What happened there?
6. What was foretold in Psalm 45:6 concerning God’s throne?
7. Was the Levitical priesthood established when Melchizedek met Abraham? (7:9-10) Why is this fact important to the writer’s argument here?
8. What two words does the writer use to describe the Levitical priesthood in 7:18?
9. According to 7:11-14, what did the Levitical priesthood fail to accomplish?
10. Aaronic priests died and other priests replaced them. What is true of God’s High Priest – Jesus Christ – that is not true of them? (7:23-24)
11. What powerful word describes Jesus’ high-priestly ministry in 7:24?
12. Unlike Levitical priests, what tribe was Jesus from? (7:14)
13. According to I John 2:1 and Hebrews 7:25, why is it important to have Jesus as our representative in heaven?
14. What words does the writer use to describe Jesus in 7:26?
15. According to 7:28, why is there no need whatsoever for a human, earthly priesthood today?