This survey of the book of Ephesians will help you to gain a complete overview
of this dynamic Prison Epistle.
You will note that some questions require more research than others.
The simple “answer-from-the-text” type questions usually have the answer
contained within the verse indicated.
These questions are based on the King James Version.
1. This letter (epistle) is addressed to whom? (1:1)
2. Which two Persons of the Godhead are named? (1:2)
3. What do all Christians receive? (1:3)
4. Why did God offer a plan of salvation? (1:4)
5. Can anyone “earn” the privilege of being adopted? (1:5) Explain.
6. What makes a person acceptable to God? (1:6)
7. What does the believer experience when she/he is saved? (1:7)
8. What price was paid, and by Whom, so that you could reach heaven? (1:7)
9. In verse 8, what two great characteristics of God’s grace are given?
10. Is God obligated to make His will known to us? (1:9) Explain.
11. What do Christians have to look forward to? (1:10)
12. What have Christians obtained? (1:11)
13. According to verses 9 and 11, does God ask anyone’s advice? Why?
14. How should the awareness of our inheritance cause us to live? (1:12)
15. Read verse 12. Viewing the entire passage as a whole, list some
reasons you should trust Christ. (1:1-14)
16. What takes place after a person completely believes the Gospel? (1:13)
17. Define the word “earnest” (v. 14).
Read this verse with this definition in mind.
18. In whom, do we, as Christians, need to put our faith? (1:15)
19. How did Paul continually remember the Ephesian believers? (1:16)
20. What did Paul request in his prayers for the saints at Ephesus? (1:17)
21. What was the first thing Paul wanted them to know? (1:18)
22. Define the word “enlightened.” (1:18)
23. From 1:18-19, list the three things Paul wants us to understand.
24. According to 1:19, who may share in God’s power and why?
25. In 1:20, what does Paul tell us has been accomplished by God’s power?
26. What Name is above and beyond anything or anyone? (v.21)
27. What comparison does Paul make in 1:22?
28. What word occurs five times in 1:21-23?