This survey of the Book of Acts will help you gain a complete overview
of the record of events in the early church.
These questions are based on the KJV or the NKJV.
You will note that some require a bit of research, while
the simpler “answer-from-the-text” type questions have the answer contained
within the verse indicated.
1. Who is the subject of Luke’s “former treatise?” (1:1)
2. What command did Jesus give the apostles in this chapter and in Luke 24:49?
3. What did the apostles ask Jesus in 1:6?
4. What did Jesus tell the disciples “was not for them to know” in 1:7?
5. What kind of kingdom did the disciples have in mind?
See John 6:15 & Luke 19:11
6. According to v. 8, in what four places were the disciples to witness?
7. What was the “former treatise” Luke referred to in 1:1 (See Luke 1:1-4)
8. What were the apostles to receive after the Holy Spirit came upon them? (1:8)
9. List the four men listed as present who also wrote books of the New Testament.
10. In 1:14, who is seeking the Holy Spirit along with Jesus’ brothers?
11. In 1:15, is Jesus’ mother being worshiped? If not, what does this prove?
13. Using several sources, define the term “supplication.” (1:14)
14. Over a period of how many days did Jesus remain on earth and appear to believers?
15. According to I Corinthians 15:6, one one occasion, how many disciples saw Jesus?
16. Chapter 1 gives the total number of disciples present in the upper room.
How many were there?
17. In the first five chapters of Acts, which of the 12 disciples is the most
18. With the “blood money” which Judas had received for betraying Jesus,
the Jews bought the field of blood (or “Aceldama”).
What is this field called in Matthew 27:7?
19. It was necessary that Judas’ successor be a witness of what event? (v.22)
20. The new disciple, Matthias, (vv. 21-26) was chosen by “lot.”
Research and define the Old Testament practice of “casting lots.”
How and why was it done?
21. Using several sources, completely define the term “bishopric” (1:20)
22. Instead of “standing and gazing” (v. 11) what are we, as Christians, supposed to do?
23. According to Matthew 28:19-20, who now continues the work on earth
which Jesus began to do?