1. How was Paul determined to not come to the Corinthians? 2:1
2. What was Paul’s reason for writing to them; what did he want them to do?
What attitude did he want them to have? 2:3-4
3. You will recall from I Corinthians that a man in the church had sinned and
was disciplined. Did Paul feel his punishment was sufficient? 2:6
4. Now that this church member had been restored to fellowship,
what was to the attitude of the church toward him? 2:7-8
5. What is the attitude of James concerning the
restoration of sinners in James 5:19-20?
6. What caution does Paul give concerning the
restoration of sinners in Galatians 6:1?
7. Who do we not want to take advantage of us? 2:11
8. In what two cities did Paul find “open doors” of ministry?
Read I Corinthians 16:8-9, II Corinthians 2:12
9. What did Paul want to see opened for him in Colossians 4:3?
10. Who did Paul take with him in Galatians 2:1?
11. In Troas, why was Paul’s spirit troubled? 2:2-13
12. List the several kinds of “sweet smells” or fragrances Paul
mentions in vv. 14-16.
13. According to 2:16, who is the “smell of death” upon?
14. According to 2:16, who is the “smell of life” upon?