1. Even though I speak with tongues, if I don’t love others…what am I? 13:1
2. Even though I have great faith, if I don’t love others…..what am I? 13:2
3. If I give all my money to the poor, but don’t really love them…what good is it? 13:3
4. Read 13:4-8. List the things that real love is.
5. What did Paul “put away” to become more mature? 13:11
6. Faith is great. So is hope. What is greatest? 13:13
7. List several specific ways in which you can demonstrate Christian love to your neighbors.
From 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, take the following quiz.
Rate your love on a scale from one to ten,
one being very weak and ten being very strong.
8. ____Love is patient. I keep my cool when people get on my back.
I am slow to get angry. I rarely lose my temper.
9. ____Love is kind. I am really thoughtful of those around me.
I praise the success of others. I’m always ready to build up others.
10. ____Love is not jealous. I don’t get upset or intimidated when others “best” me
or get promoted. I’m not threatened by other people’s gifts or talents.
When I am overlooked, I don’t “punish” others by my moods.
11. ____Love is not conceited. I don’t hog the spotlight.
I’m not a glory-hound. I keep the focus off myself.
I strive to make others look good.
I don’t brag or exaggerate my accomplishments.
12. ____Love is not proud. I don’t need special favors or attention to get
my cooperation. I don’t build myself up by putting others down.
13. ____Love is not ill-mannered. I avoid crude/sarcastic remarks about others.
My conversation is up-beat and positive, polite and friendly.
14. ____Love is not selfish. I am not self-centered. I am not possessive of
my friends. I don’t always insist on my way.
15. ____Love is not irritable. I’m not touchy, defensive, cranky or super-sensitive.
I don’t lay my bad moods on others.
I’m approachable, warm and easy to get along with.
16. ____Love keeps no record of wrongs. I don’t fight back or seek revenge.
I am quick to forgive and forget. I don’t hold grudges.
17. ____Love is not happy with evil. When someone is proven wrong,
I avoid glee. I never say “I told you so.”
I don’t take delight in other’s failures.
18. ____Love is happy with the truth. I welcome honesty and justice even if it
shows my own weaknesses. I admit my mistakes. I am honest.
19. ____Love never gives up. I keep on loving….even if I don’t receive love in return.
I persevere in my relationships with others.