A brief synopsis of the Spiritual GIfts:
Envision chapters 12-14 as a “sandwich”………Chapters 12 and 14
concern the gifts of the Spirit….and chapter 13 is the “love” chapter:
the “ meat ” in the center of the sandwich.
Love is the essential element in all operations of Spiritual Gifts. (I Cor. 13:1).
The nine gifts in chapter 12 can be divided into three categories
of three gifts each: Revelation gifts, Power gifts and Vocal gifts.
Three of the gifts reveal (Revelation gifts)
Three of the gifts do (Power gifts)
Three of the gifts say (Vocal gifts)
The Revelation gifts are:
Word of Wisdom, Word of Knowledge, and Discerning of Spirits
The Power gifts are:
Gift of Faith, Gift of Healing, and Working of Miracles
The Vocal gifts are:
Gift of Prophecy, Gift of Tongues, Interpretation of Tongues
1. What did Paul not want the Corinthians to be ignorant of? 12:1
2. What did Paul call the idols that the Corinthians had served
prior to their conversion? 12:2
3. No one who is led by the Holy Spirit would ever call Jesus what? 12:3
4. No one can say “Jesus is Lord” except through whom? 12:3
5. Although theere are different gifts, Who is the same? 12:4
6. Although there are different administrations, Who is the same? 12:5
7. Although there are different operations, Who is the same?
8. Who decides where, how and when the gifts are distributed? 12:11
9. List the four classes of people Paul said are unified by the Baptism
of the Holy Spirit. 12:13
10. In illustrating different ministries within the church, Paul refers to five
parts of the human body. Name them. 12:14-17
11. What does the Lord not want within His “Body,” the Church? 12:25
12. List several of the different offices or ministries Paul mentions in 12:28.
13. What should occur when a church member is blessed in
some special way? 12:26
14. According to 12:22-24, can any born again believer truly say,
“ I am not an important part of the Body?”
15. What are we all able to “ drink ”? 12:13