1. Is it ethical to drive through a red light very late at night if there are no other cars in sight?
2. You are driving down an empty street and hit a dog. Should you report it?
3. Would you leave a note if you scratched a car in a parking lot?
4. Under what circumstances would you park in a handicapped spot?
5. If you believed an aging neighbor was no longer a safe driver, would you notify the MVD?
6. If you knew you were guilty of a parking violation, would you pay the fine – or go to court and dispute it?
7. Suppose you found out your employers were cheating on their taxes. Would you call the IRS?
8. If your insurance company typically pays a very low percentage on a claim, would you inflate it?
9. What would you do if you were paid by your insurance company for an expensive ring which you later found?
10. A company you ordered from erroneously sends you an additional item. Do you return it?
11. If the food is bad at a restaurant…will you still leave a tip?
12. You pay for two tacos, but receive three. Do you tell the salesperson about it?
13. Have you ever taken sick leave when you were not really sick?
14. If you were not being fully billed for your phone use, would you notify your provider?
15. Would you hire an illegal alien?
16. Suppose you found $300 at an ATM. Would you return it to the bank?
17. You find a wallet, with I.D., full of money. What do you do?
18. You are at a store and spot a child who attends your church shoplifting. Do you tell anyone? If so, who?
19. Would you tell your neighbors about a wild party their teenager had while they were out of town?
20. If your friend wants to get married to someone you don’t approve of, would you discuss it with your friend?
21. If your daughter is dating someone from a different ethnicity, would you encourage them to break up?
22. You see a mother verbally abusing her child in the grocery store. How do you respond?
23. If you are bullied or harassed via social media, what action would you take?
24. Have you ever lied on a job application?
25. A friend who has started abusing her medications asks you to write a positive reference letter on her behalf for a job she wants. Will you do it?
26. A co-worker gets a very strange new hairstyle. How do you respond when they ask if you like it?
27. What do you do if you accidently open an embarrassing letter addressed to your neighbor?
28. Is torture ever justified?
29. What would you do if you observed a fellow employee being sexually harassed by the boss?
30. Your boss sometimes comes to work inebriated. What action, if any, do you take?
Additional Suggested Topics for Discussion