1. Define “lust,” using several sources. Fully define this term.
2. Who is especially grieved by sin and lust? Ephesians 4:30
3. Why do lustful and greedy people often receive nothing? 4:3
4. What can hinder our fellowship with God? 4:4
5. According to I John 2:15, what are we warned not to love?
6. What must we be willing to do in order to receive God’s best? I John 3:22
7. According to I John 2:15, what two things can’t we serve at the same time?
8. What does Jesus say about this subject in Matthew 6:24 and Luke 16:13?
9. In 4:6, which Old Testament book is James quoting and why?
10. When we resist the devil, what happens? 4:7
11. What is our best defense against the devil and his temptations? I Peter 5:8-9
12. When we draw night to God, what happens? 4:8
13.What happens when we humble ourselves? 4:10
14. What type of person is more likely to receive grace? I Peter 5:5 and Matthew 23:12
15. What happens when we speak evil of our brother? 4:11
16. What does James say about those who judge others? 4:11
17. What does James say about this life? 4:14
18. Should be rejoice in boasting? Why or why not? 4:15-16
19. According to James, what is sin? 4:17