1. Why should a person be sure that God is really calling them to teach? 3:1
2. How can a teacher avoid being a hypocrite? Romans 2:21
3. Who is a perfect man? 3:2
4. What would be true of a person who could control their tongue completely? 3:2
5. Why must we be so careful of what we say? 3:2
6. What importance does Jesus attach to a person’s words according to Matthew 12:37?
7. What illustration does James give in 3:3? (See also Psalm 32:9)
8. What additional illustration does James give in 3:4?
9. How does he further illustrate the power of words in 3:5?
10. What might be the consequences of careless words? 3:6
11. According to Proverbs 16:27, what is especially true of an ungodly person?
12. What kind of person is sure to be punished? (Psalm 101:5)
13. What also illustrates the problem of tongue-control? 3:7-8
14. How is a true Christian known? Matthew 7:16-17
15. What are the words of a gossip compared to in Psalm 140:3?
16. Paraphrase, in your words, the first part of Proverbs 17:27.
17. Why is it such a serious sin to curse another human being? 3:9 and Genesis 1:26
18. How does James illustrate the inconsistency of one cursing another? 3:11-12
19. According to Luke 6:45, where does slander originate?
20. According to I Timothy 5:13, what does idleness often lead to?
21. According to Revelation 12: 10, what is a chief characteristic of Satan?
22. Concerning slander, what gender and age group is Paul addressing? Titus 2:3? 25.
23. What are harmful words compared to according in Proverbs 18:8?
24. In what way is true wisdom displayed? 3:13
25. Define the term “ Conversation.” (KJV)
(Note: This Bible word does not mean “ talking.”
26. According to 3:14, what is one thing that proves a person to be unwise?
27. How does James define false wisdom? 3:15
28. How does jealousy grow? 3:16 and I Corinthians 14:33
29. List the characteristics of true wisdom. 3:17