1. List the “half-brothers” of Jesus, that is, the sons that Joseph and
Mary had after Jesus was born. Matthew 13:55
2. Did Jesus also have “half-sisters?” Mark 6:3
3. Although James was Jesus’ brother, what is James content to call himself? 1:1
4. To whom does James address this letter? 1:1
5. When should we ” count it all joy “? 1:2
6. In what ways can our trials and testings be a source of joy? 1:3
7. What should the Christian do during such trials? I Peter 4:16
8. Through trials, what is the Lord trying to perfect in us? 1:4
9. What enables us, according to Psalm 71:16, to overcome temptations?
I0. What part does self-effort play in enduring temptations? Proverbs 3:5
11. How can the Christian know how to handle a specific trial? Proverbs 2:3-5
12. What does the Lord have prepared for us before we
face any trial? Proverbs 2:7-8
13. According to James chapter one, how does wisdom helps us when
14. What does James compare to the tossing sea? 1:6
15. Explain how Abraham was an example of unwavering faith. Romans 4:18-20
16. According to 1:7, who won’t receive anything from the Lord?
17. Define the phrase ” double-minded ” (1:7).
18. Why shouldn’t we seek wealth? Proverbs 30:8-9
19. How does Jesus regard the man who endures? Matthew 5:11-12
20. If you endure and persevere, what will you receive? 1: 12
21. What should be our attitude when we are tempted?
22. List the five Old Testament characters which James uses as illustrations.
State the point James is making regarding each of these men.