Statement of Faith:
NAME fully ascribes to the following Sixteen Tenants of the Faith of the General Council of the Assemblies of God.
1. The Scriptures are Inspired by God. The 66 boooks of the Bible declare His design and plan for humankind.
2. There is only One True God. He is revelaed in the Trinity – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
3. In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s Son, Jesus is both human and divine.
4. Man willingly fell from grace through sin. This ushered both physical and spiritual death into the world.
5. Every person can be restored to fellowship with God through salvation in Christ, trusting Him as their personal Savior.
6. In two divine ordinances:
<> water baptism by immersion after repentance
<> communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death
7. In the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as a separate experience following salvation, empowering Believers for witnessing and effective service.
8. That the initial evidence of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues, as experienced by Believers on the Day of Pentecost.
9. That sanctification occurs initially at salvation and is a progressive, lifelong process of holy living and abstention from evil.
10. The Church, consisting of all who are redeemed through the vicarious sacrifice of Christ, has a mission to seek and save people lost in sin.
11. That the Church is served by divinely called and ordained leaders who are committed to evangelism, worship and servanthood.
12. That divine healing is a privilege for all Believers provided by Christ’s sacrifice on the cross.
13. In the Blessed Hope – the Rapture of the Church. Prior to Christ’s Second Coming, Believers will rise to meet the Lord in the air to be with Him forever.
14. In the Millennial Reign of Christ. When Jesus returns with His saints at His Second Coming, He will begin a beneficent reign over the earth for a thousand years.
15. In a final judgment for all who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment.
16. We can look forward to a new heavens and a new earth that Christ will prepare for all Believers. There we will dwell with Him forever.